Saturday, September 22, 2012

Learning how to write exploits

Hello again.
For many years i have stayed updated about the latest vulnerabilities and exploits, but never really took the time to learn how to actually write them. So now I decided it is time for me to learn how to write exploits.
I am doing some serious reading at the moment about the topic. Found a few good tutorials that i must go through. With not much time on my hands (children, work etc. goes first)  i will go through the tutorials slowly but eventually i will get there.
The first thing i found useful if not a prerequisite is Learning python scripting.
Googled around and found some really good interactive free courses on-line. So went through some of the chapters. Since i have been writing perl and bash scripts for a while it should not be that difficult.
Really interesting.

I set up a lab environment. Just an XP box where i can install some vulnerable services.
Downloaded OllyDebugger to see how applications behave in CPU and memory stack.

So off I go! More to come...

Bye for now..

/M

No comments:

Post a Comment